Don’t Wait Any Longer. Get The Help You Need Today.
The Center • A Place of HOPE
Changing Lives for Good
For over 30 years, The Center • A Place of HOPE has been helping people with eating disorders change their lives for good. Our eating disorder treatment programs are unique and life changing.
We look at the “whole you,” not just the parts you want us to see. We dig deeper and get to know you personally, walking alongside you with customized whole-person care and treatment plans aimed at healing you emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Let us help you overcome your disordered eating and regain your peace, balance and happiness.
Most Recent Posts From Our Blog
- Anorexia – all about anorexia
- Athletes – EDs in athletes
- Binge Eating – when eating takes over
- Body Image – how you see yourself
- Bulimia – all about bulimia
- Cutting – Self Mutilation and EDs
- Diabetes – EDs and diabetes
- Health Care/Insurance – and ED’s
- Infants – eating problems with infants
- Males and EDs – males with ED’s
- Osteoporosis – ED’s and osteoporosis
- Self-Esteem – self-esteem, abuse
- Physiology – how ED’s effect the body
- Diets – eating right, dieting and more
- Treatment Centers – find help
- ED Clinics – international and USA
- Support – online support for EDs
- Insights – suggestions by others
- Special Reports – coping with an ED
- Websites – websites on EDs
- Books on EDs – order books
- Videos on EDs – order online
- Health Magazines – internet magazines
- Poetry/Stories – over 100 to choose from
- News – news and headlines on EDs
- Nutrition – nutrition and EDs
- FAQs – Commonly Asked ED Questions
Parental Involvement Important in the Prevention and Awareness of Eating Disorders
Jacquelyn Ekern, MS, LPC, Founder and Director of Eating Disorder Hope and Debra Cooper, Expert Writer on eating disorders. Eating disorders are now epidemic in the United States. Approximately 11 million women and girls struggle with anorexia and bulimia. Although the average age of onset is 14, girls are being diagnosed as young as eight. Continue Reading ›
Consumer's Guide To Eating Disorders
With so many options across the country and around the world, how do you choose the right one? That, is the million dollar question.
Read our Consumer’s Guide to Eating Disorders and learn what you need to know about treatment. Download Our PDF ›
Intensive treatment for all eating disorders.
The Center • A Place of HOPE is located in the town of Edmonds, Washington, set in the beautiful waterfront community on the Puget Sound. Edmonds is a vibrant, yet quiet town with a village-like setting. Its quaint center is mere steps from The Center • A Place of HOPE and home to local art galleries, specialty shops, museums, and other amenities. Learn More about The Center • A Place of HOPE’s eating disorder treatment programs ›
Celebs With Eating Disorders
People in the news with various eating disorders
A Body Revolution
Lady Gaga Launches Campaign to Help People With Eating Disorders
Lady Gaga is opening up about her struggles with an eating disorder, deciding instead to flaunt her so-called curvy flaws and launching a campaign for others to do the same. Firing back at tabloid attacks on her 25-pound weight gain, the singer posted photos of herself wearing only a bra and panties on her website Tuesday.
Lady Gaga is opening up about her struggles with an eating disorder, deciding instead to flaunt her so-called curvy flaws and launching a campaign for others to do the same.
Firing back at tabloid attacks on her 25-pound weight gain, the singer posted photos of herself wearing only a bra and panties on her website Tuesday.
Gaga says she’s battled with anorexia and bulimia since she was 15.
Don’t Be Fooled
Please do not be fooled by all the hype to be thin like many of the celebrities. Their anorexic/bulimic behavior has forced many of them to be hospitalized. Eating Disorders are not glamorous, but very dangerous.