FOR COMPULSIVE OVEREATERS
- My worth as a person is not diminished in any way by my body size or by my eating patterns.
- I will LOVE myself no matter what my eating patterns are.
- I will judge my days not by what or how much I eat, but by the accomplishments I have made and the love I have given.
- My life is a gift, and I will not let my enjoyment of it be diminished by feeling guilty over my body size or how much I eat.
- I am finished blaming others, situations or myself for the way I eat. I will take action minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour, and day-by-day until I can eat normally again.
- Compulsive overeating is a temporary condition in my life.
- There is a normal eater within me; I will let him/her take over my life more and more, each day, as I am ready.
- I can imagine a life without being a compulsive overeater.
- When I feel stressed, I will close my eyes and picture how my all-powerful normal eater would handle the situation.
- I believe I will be a normal eater again. I know I will be a normal eater again.
©1999 Dusty Press